What is Electrical CAD Software?
Electrical CAD programs are designed to help electrical control designers modify electrical control systems. A mark of good CAD electrical software programs include comprehensive symbol libraries and tools for automating control engineering tasks to save engineers valuable time in managing their systems.
Best Electrical CAD Software List
AutoCAD Electrical design software includes all the functionality of AutoCAD, while being created specifically for control designers to assist with the creation and modification of electrical control systems. The software for electrical engineers uses the functions of AutoCAD with the added benefit of a comprehensive symbol library with tools for the automation of control engineering tasks.
- Inventor interoperability provides a smooth mechatronics solution
- Extract a list of electrical schematic components from panel layout drawings
- Generate reports automatically to enable you to run a variety of reports using a simple, custom report generation feature.
- Simple to share DWG drawings with stakeholders using easy supplier and customer collaboration features.
- Provide drawings better organization using folders and reorder your files for electrical drafting projects.
- Publish schematics to multiple PDF documents using the PDF publishing feature.
- Wire numbering and component tagging drastically decrease automatic number errors for wires and tags for components.
- Circuit Builder helps with simple electrical circuit design.
- Check for errors in real-time to catch issues before the building phase.
- In real-time, keep track of parent and child contacts using contact and coil cross-referencing.
- Define I/O assignments of projects using PLC I/O drawings from spreadsheets.
- Use enhanced preview to find parts with ability to directly insert the component using the Catalog Browser.
ProfiCAD was specifically created with the technical engineer in mind in order to assist with drawing of electrical diagrams, schematics, and control circuit diagrams. The software can also be used successfully for pneumatics, hydraulics as well as other technical drawings or diagrams.
- As simple as placing electrical symbols into a drawing and attaching wires.
- Access more than one thousand symbols within the software, and draw your own with the symbol editor or have them drawn for you for a cost.
- Advanced features include: auto numbering of symbols, netlists generation, wire lists, bills of material, as well as drawing of striped wires.
- Easily use cross references between symbols and wires that belong to the same component. A symbol that is linked on a separate page can be accessed by clicking on the cross reference.
- Available in many languages to allow for collaboration between international business partners.
First tutorial (see more here)
DesignSpark Electrical enables the electrical engineer to utilize a wide range of powerful and dynamic professional CAD software features, making it possible to speed up design completion while improving your design process accuracy and precision.
- With the large parts library built into the software, along with the automated wire and device numbering will significantly speed up the design process.
- The parts library houses over 250,000 parts with a large additional amount available via their online portal.
- When selecting devices you can access price and availability data for RS parts.
- Simply drag and drop 2D footprints of devices from the browser into a design to create accurate scaled 2D cabinet layouts.
- Get a Bill of Materials output as a traditional Excel file or submit directly to the RS site online for almost immediate purchase with the fastest possible delivery.
Electra E7 is a simple to use electric CAD software solution. Manifest circuits quickly and easily within the software, and generate terminals with a Bill of Sale. JIC/IEC smart symbols are available to use along with powerful tools and valuable features. The electrical engineering CAD software is easy and very intuitive to use for casual users as well, as it will be familiar to anyone with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Get electrical schematics over 300% faster
- No need to spend time and money learning the software, it is made for beginners.
- Program houses over 700 stand symbols with the possibilty to easily generate thousands more on your own.
- Tag symbols and wires automatically while assigning the right component and generate terminals.
elecworks is an electrical CAD software from Trace Software specially designed for automation projects and electrical installations. It offers a wide range of features and automation tools in electrical design.
- Make documentation faster and create better electrical installation designs through the use of Windows interface.
- The software was developed with the professional electric design engineer in mind. The continuity of project data is ensured through the use of electrical schematics based on intelligent connections and international standard symbols.
- It is easy to get started with no learning curve. Built in tools provide contextual help and commands which allow one person or a team of engineers to work together all at the same time.